Plugin Help: Cannot get card images to show

Started by Handlin, April 20, 2011, 08:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handlin

Ive been working on a plugin a while now, and after some help things seemed to be back on track but now I cant get the plugin to show my card images in-game D: the name and set show up but the image only shows the cardback and some text over it D: Any help is very much appreciated by me and my friends

Ive included a copy of the plugin for your viewing pleasure if ypud like to try and get things clicking

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

Look at your card data file. There are blank lines every other line. I don't know what program you are using to make it, but its adding junk to the file. I suggest you make it in excel, then copy/paste all 3 columns into a txt file (in wordpad). In wordpad, save as simple txt format. That should remove all the junk characters.

Your plugininfo.txt also has a bunch of junk extra lines, like between ZONE0:"Hand" and ZONE1:"Discard".

But as far as the images not actually loading, you have REUSECARDIMAGES:"yes" in your plugininfo.txt, which is fine, but that means it expects all image files to be in plugins/agot/sets/setimages/general/
You can either keep all image files there, or omit REUSECARDIMAGES:"yes".

Handlin

ya i dont know why it keeps doing that, and ya using open office probably isnt helping lol, thanks again for all the help

Handlin

OMFG it works. <3 Trevor :D no homo >.> thanks for all the help and for this wonderful program!!!

Picks-at-Flies

Yup, don't use a word processor to manipulate code.  Use a text editor like Notepad (or even better, Notepad++).

Trevor

You can probably use openoffice programs, but make sure you save it as text, and not whatever wordprocessor format is its default.

Handlin

ya i just did what you advised and copy paste to notepad. Everything is up and running on my end just need my friend to get his laptop fixed to playtest :D