News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Munchkin Plugin

Started by Hyrulianpanda, May 11, 2014, 03:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyrulianpanda

Ok so I downloaded the program and loaded up the cards and images and such but now comes the question....

...how do I run this game? I mean I know how to play munchkin but how do I do it on lackey? It won't let me load a deck and I'm not sure what to do about this. Is there something I'm missing or am I just doing it wrong?

cyberneticpony

There are these great things called "instructions":

http://www.lackeyccg.com/tutorial.html

Ascott29

I believe, cyberneticpony, that Hyrulianpanda was referring more to the fact that the plugin doesn't really co-operate well with the table. Troubleshooting that might do better, unless you're understanding enough of how that plugin should work and can thus without unnecessary sarcasm help someone out.

frater

I was looking at this plugin last night (assuming it's the same one) and it's not overly user friendly.

Since it covers a bunch of different expansions, the decks aren't set up when you boot, and you need to set them up prior to playing.

The easiest way I found to do this is to go to the deck editor tab, and then on the bottom half of the screen switch over to "card pool".  Packs have been set up for the different versions to make it easier to load up decks.

To give a concrete example, to set up just the classic munchkin (no expansions) you click the 'add pack' button on the card pool section, select "munchkin doors" which will load all of the doors cards for the original game.

Make sure the "doors" deck tab is selected on the top half of the window, and click "move all cards to deck" button at the bottom of the screen.  This will load all the card pool cards into the doors deck.

Select the treasure deck tab on the top half of the window, click the "new card pool" button on the bottom half and repeat this process for the "Munchkin treasure" pack.

You'll have the cards set up in your deck now and, if you hit the little + button to expand options, there should be the options to move the cards to the shared decks in the game.  Move the doors cards to the doors deck and the treasure cards to the treasure deck. This should automatically shuffle them and you should be ready to play.

Back in the game tab, the players should be able to drag the cards to their hand and be ready to set off.  On the side bar on the window there should be little trackers under each player, which you can click on to change, which track the player's level and current power (level + equipment values).

There is also a phase and turn tracker on that side which you can use.  Playing the game is as simple as dragging cards on to the table when required, and I think there are a few buttons for common tasks (such as "Kick open the door" which simply deals out the top card from the door deck face up to the playing table.

Hopefully that will help you get started.  Play around with it a bit in solitaire mode with a bot to get the hang of it, thats what I did to work it out.

Hyrulianpanda

Quote from: frater on May 22, 2014, 08:18:43 PM
I was looking at this plugin last night (assuming it's the same one) and it's not overly user friendly.

Since it covers a bunch of different expansions, the decks aren't set up when you boot, and you need to set them up prior to playing.

The easiest way I found to do this is to go to the deck editor tab, and then on the bottom half of the screen switch over to "card pool".  Packs have been set up for the different versions to make it easier to load up decks.

To give a concrete example, to set up just the classic munchkin (no expansions) you click the 'add pack' button on the card pool section, select "munchkin doors" which will load all of the doors cards for the original game.

Make sure the "doors" deck tab is selected on the top half of the window, and click "move all cards to deck" button at the bottom of the screen.  This will load all the card pool cards into the doors deck.

Select the treasure deck tab on the top half of the window, click the "new card pool" button on the bottom half and repeat this process for the "Munchkin treasure" pack.

You'll have the cards set up in your deck now and, if you hit the little + button to expand options, there should be the options to move the cards to the shared decks in the game.  Move the doors cards to the doors deck and the treasure cards to the treasure deck. This should automatically shuffle them and you should be ready to play.

Back in the game tab, the players should be able to drag the cards to their hand and be ready to set off.  On the side bar on the window there should be little trackers under each player, which you can click on to change, which track the player's level and current power (level + equipment values).

There is also a phase and turn tracker on that side which you can use.  Playing the game is as simple as dragging cards on to the table when required, and I think there are a few buttons for common tasks (such as "Kick open the door" which simply deals out the top card from the door deck face up to the playing table.

Hopefully that will help you get started.  Play around with it a bit in solitaire mode with a bot to get the hang of it, thats what I did to work it out.

Thank you this was exactly what I needed

frater

No problem. They can be tricky to figure out and a bit intimidating at first, particularly with each plugin being slightly different, but stick with it. It's a lot of fun and a great app for those of us who can't gather people around a table to play often anymore.

Picks-at-Flies

Sorry if it's counter-intuitive. I just updated a previous version and it seemed to work well enough. If someone can put something like the above into an "instructions.txt" file I can add it to the plugin. (PM me)
PaF

Gordon228

the thing witch munchkin is that even tho there are different sets from what i know now you can play with all the cards in the munchkin universe if you really wanted so you could have defualt decks with the sets that are there like super munchkin and so on as that would make it easier to play.

DrNicket

You can create different .dek files depending on which sets you want to include. Also, different cardpool files for those that want to customize.